Continuing on with my Partitioning post series, this is part 5.
The partitioning includes several major components of work (and can be linked below);
- partitioning large existing non-partitioned tables
- measuring performance impacts of partitioned aligned indexes
- measuring performance impacts of DML triggers for enforcing partitioned unique indexes
- rebuilding tables that are already partitioned (ie. apply a new partitioning scheme)
- implementing partial backups and restores (via leveraging partitions)
- implementing partition aware index optimisation procedures
- Calculating table partition sizes in advance
This blog post deals with implementing partition aware partial backup and restore procedures.
I will blog about the other steps later.
And so, lets get into the nitty gritty of the partitioning details!