For those not aware there are 2 cool local and national events coming to both Melbourne and Gold Coast…
- SQL Saturday 582 (Sat 11 Feb 2017). Melbourne. For those looking for some great free local SQL (and related!) learning, you simply cannot go past a SQL Saturday anywhere in the world! And this one right here in Melbourne will again be no exception. There is a lineup of fantastic local speakers including Microsoft and MVP’s as well as international speakers too. http://www.sqlsaturday.com/582/EventHome.aspx
- Ignite 2017 (14-17 Feb 2017). Gold Coast. For those wanting more than a day and across a wider variety of topics, then Ignite will also be another you simply cannot miss. As above there is a fantastic lineup of both local Microsoft and local MVP/experts as well as an impressive list of international speakers. This is a 4 day back-to-back set of technical sessions. https://msftignite.com.au/
UPDATE: Ignite 2017 has come and gone – and so here’s some links!
- For those interested – this is our session on Channel 9 (75 mins) – https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Ignite/Australia-2017/DA321
- We also did an interview for SSW which is here (10 mins) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jILcbJw1nso
I want to focus this short blog post on SQL Saturday 582 as there are some great things happening right here locally in Melbourne…
SQL Saturday 582 – Melbourne
SQL Saturday is an excellent free learning resource for all things SQL Server – all costs are covered by donations and sponsorships. Some of the excellent sponsors this year are Microsoft, Wardy IT, Idera and PASS.
Some of the session focus areas include SQL 2016 (many deep dives across almost all facets!), SQL DB/DW in Azure, Azure Cognitive Services and Machine Learning, R, Agile Methods, Power BI, Powershell, BIML …and more!
Furthermore – Some of the top Microsoft product group (PG) speakers will also be attending:
- Lindsey Allen
- Sunil Agarwal
- Matt Masson
- Julie Koesmarno
- Ajay Jagannathan
Sunil will also be helping to run a SQL Clinic on the day where you can talk directly to Microsoft about your biggest pain points or suggestions for the next versions of SQL Server.
For those wanting to come along here are the links you need to know. Please go to the website and register to attend.
- Event Registration – https://www.sqlsaturday.com/582/RegisterNow.aspx
- Session Schedule – http://www.sqlsaturday.com/582/Sessions/Schedule.aspx
The event is being held at Monash University (Caulfield Campus, 888 Dandenong Road, Caulfield East, Victoria)
The Rise of the Machines…
For those attending – I am co-presenting a pretty cool session with the awesome Krissy Rumpff (from local Microsoft SQL Team) on Azure Cognitive Services.
Session Details here – http://www.sqlsaturday.com/582/Sessions/Details.aspx?sid=56483
We’ll talk though what they are, why you should care and how to interact with them (via API’s). We hope to show some pretty fun demos and draw some relevant use cases – and if time permits will look for some
unwilling audience participation!
Feel free to pop in and introduce yourself!
I hope to see you all in Melbourne at SQL Saturday!
Disclaimer: all content on Mr. Fox SQL blog is subject to the disclaimer found here