My name is Rolf Tesmer (aka Mr. Fox SQL) and I work as a Azure Data Solution Architect for Microsoft in Melbourne.
I have a couple of Azure, Data and BI certifications covering a number of disciplines…
- MCSE: Data Platform
- MCSE: Business Intelligence (BI)
- MCSE: Data Management and Analytics
- MCSA: Cloud Platform [Working towards MCSE]
I have been working with the SQL data platform since Version 6.0 (that’s 1994!) and have done just about everything you can around SQL related data and data platforms / architectures ever since then.
I have scoped, architected and/or delivered probably 100’s of solutions over that time.
I have had the opportunity to present at PASS, TechEd, Ignite, PASS SQL Saturday, PASS Virtual Chapter, SQL User Groups, Big Data Seminars, Microsoft Technology Roadshows, Breakfast Seminars, ++ and enjoy learning and sharing new ideas.
I have a personal interest in All Things Cloud and Data (Azure, Data Warehousing, Streaming Data / IoT, Machine Learning, Cognitive, Bots/AI, Visualisation and Spatial)
My day to day work as a Data Solution Architect (DSA) at Microsoft focuses on Azure cloud technology, solutions design/architecture, migrations, best practices and deployment guidance in the following key technology areas;
- SQL Server / RDBMS on Azure (IaaS)
- Azure SQL Database (PaaS)
- Azure SQL Data Warehouse (PaaS)
- Azure Data Catalog (PaaS)
- Azure Data Factory (PaaS)
- Azure DocumentDB (NoSQL) (PaaS)
- Azure Event/IoT Hubs (PaaS) & Stream Analytics (PaaS)
- Azure Data Lake & HDInsight (Big Data) (PaaS)
- Azure Machine Learning (ML) (PaaS)
- Azure based architectural designs, prototypes/PoC, deployment guidance
I also have deep experience in these SQL/Database areas;
- SQL Database Design & Development & Consulting
- SQL Data Warehousing & ETL/ELT/EL (Kimball, SSIS, CDC, MDS)
- Microsoft BI & Analytics (SSRS, Excel, SharePoint, Power BI)
- Infrastructure (Storage, Virtualization, Cloud Migrations, Consolidation, SQL HA/DR)
- Performance Tuning & Troubleshooting & Scalability
- Database Reviews/Audits and applying “Real World” Best Practices
- Licensing & Compliance (ie getting the most of your SQL investments)
- SQL & Oracle Managed Services
Contacts & Information
I can be reached via the following places and contacts;
- Linked In: https://au.linkedin.com/in/rolftesmer
- Blog Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TesmerR
So, why blog as Mr. Fox SQL…?
I have been in the consulting / solution architecture space since 2004 and the blogging / newsgroup communities have been a regular and essential support tool during that time. I truly believe that a key strength of the SQL and Microsoft eco-system comes not only from successful vendor development and vision but also from a broad, engaged and supportive community. It’s what set the data platform apart from “the rest“!
Also – I have been interested in blogging for many years however due to timing issues it was difficult to get a foothold. However now its great to get started.
This blog is all about tracking and reporting on interesting technology in general, Azure, BI and/or anything SQL/database related I have come across in the past/present/future, presentation & speaking that I may be doing or interesting projects that may be on the go.
…so Why Mr. Fox SQL? Colorful, catchy, different and (possibly even)… memorable…?!
Disclaimer: all content on Mr. Fox SQL blog is subject to the disclaimer found here