For those not aware there’s some excellent local SQL events coming up here in Melbourne and Sydney…
- SQL Saturday 769 (Sat 30 Jun 2018) Melbourne. SQL Saturday 771 (Sat 07 Jul 2017) Sydney. For those looking for some great free local SQL / Azure / BI / etc learning, you simply cannot go past a SQL Saturday anywhere in the world! And this one right here in Melbourne will again be no exception. There is a lineup of fantastic local speakers including Microsoft and MVP’s as well as international speakers too.
- SQL Saturday Pre-Con Training (Fri 29 Jun 2018). Melbourne. Leading up to the main event are 3 pre-con training events which cover some very interesting topics around SQL Performance Analysis, Azure SQL Cloud Migrations and Data Science using Azure.
SQL Saturday 769 – Melbourne
SQL Saturday is an excellent free learning resource for all things SQL Server – all costs are covered by donations and sponsorships. Some of the excellent sponsors this year are Microsoft, Wardy IT, SQLBI, and PASS.
Some of the session focus areas include SQL 2017/19 (many deep dives across almost all facets!), SQL DB/DW in Azure, CosmosDB, Azure Machine Learning, R, Data Lakes, BI, DAX, …and so much more!
The event is being held at Northcote Town Hall (189 High Street, Northcote, VIC 3070)
For those wanting to come along here are the links you need to know. Please go to the website and register to attend.
- Event Home – http://www.sqlsaturday.com/769/EventHome.aspx
- Event Registration – https://www.sqlsaturday.com/769/registernow.aspx
- Session Schedule – (under development, posted soon). Sneak peek of submitted sessions here – http://www.sqlsaturday.com/769/Sessions/SubmittedSessions.aspx
SQL Saturday 769 Pre-Con Training Options
There’s also 3 pre-con training sessions held the day before on Fri 29 Jun 2018. Definitely work a look in…
- Data Science with Microsoft Cloud – Leila Etaati
- Move Your Database to The Cloud – Jose Manuel
- Practical SQL Server Performance Analysis – Andreas Wolter
Session: Building Streaming Data Pipelines in Azure…
For those attending – I am presenting a pretty fun session on Building Streaming ETL Pipelines Using Azure Cloud Services.
Session Details here – http://www.sqlsaturday.com/769/Sessions/Details.aspx?sid=78630
We’ll talk though the various different shape, speed and size of data sources available to modern business today, and discuss various PaaS streaming methods available to ingest data at scale all using the Azure Cloud Platform. I also have a few pretty fun demos which will aim to show how all the Azure services can tie together to perform ETL/ELT!
Feel free to pop in to have a chat!
I hope to see you all in Melbourne at SQL Saturday!
Disclaimer: all content on Mr. Fox SQL blog is subject to the disclaimer found here